Saturday, September 12, 2009

Decopodge Fun!

I have a new love, yes, it's decopodge! One little project, and I'm hooked! Decopodge is a sealant/glue. I did a very simple tester project to start out with. Here's what I used: Just a bit of paper that caught my eye, spray adhesive, decopodge, ribbon and, of course, my little bottle I bought at a yard sale for 10 cents. All I did was cut out some paper, sprayed the back with the spray adhesive, then stuck it to the bottle. I waited for it to dry, then painted the decopodge over the paper with a small wide-tipped paint brush. It dried pretty fast, then I just tied the ribbon on around the top, filled it with water and stuck in a flower I cut from my garden. Here's what I got....
A little flower vase to sit in my window! I ended up giving it to a friend of mine. For some reason or another, I always give away flowers in little vases. Pretty cool, right? :)




1 comment:

  1. it IS pretty cool! Its so much nicer when we can give a gift to someone that we handcrafted ourself...and this is easy.

    ReplyDelete