Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Boat Wine Rack

So, for some reason or another, I always get hand-me-down furniture. Don't get me wrong, I love 'em, but they always need a little TLC before they come in the house. Last year Garrett's grandma gave us a boat shaped wine rack. It was actually pretty decent, but VERY bland. It came in the house right away, but I always knew that I would need to re-do it. Well, inspired by my friend April, I decided it was time. All I did was stain the wood, and paint the sides, and what I got was a whole new piece! I love it, and can't wait 'til my next re-do project!

I took the whole thing apart and sanded it. Stained the wood, then painted the sides. Put the whole thing back together and viola! Definitly not as easy as it sounds. I actually ran into about a million problems with this thing. But luckily I have a very handy husband! Putting it back together was probably the hardest part, but I managed, and like I said, I am very happy with the results!





So what do you think? I guess I just need to stock it with some wine now. :)

2 comments:

  1. how cute is that.

    I started a new KNOCK OFF KNOCK OUT party and I bet you have some things to put in the party-it's every Monday. I hope you come over and become a follower and subscribe and I will do the same.
    Cheri
    Its So Very Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and I love the contrasting tones, perfect!

    I have a poll up on my blog about my BIGGEST decor dilemma. Come on over and vote, I need all the help I can get!

    http://imnomartha.blogspot.com/2009/08/first-poll-ever-to-paint-or-not-to.html

    ReplyDelete