Thursday, August 20, 2009

Summer Recap

We did a lot this summer!! I had an amazing time, and I know my family did as well! First we had a long overdue visit from my dad. The kids had a blast with my dad (all the presents he brought for them helped *wink*) and they were sad to see him go. But we were able to get one last pic in before he left. Notice that neither my dad or Chase wanted in on the picture, but a forced picture is better than none. :)

Bella learned to hoola-hoop really well!! It was so much fun to watch her learn. Also, Chase learned to ride his bike without any training wheels! He did have one little accident, but what is childhood without a few scrapes?


We of course made time for our precious guns. We went target shooting with some friends and had a blast...without the kids, of course.

We went to the lake a lot! Chase caught a fish and so did our friends' kid, Ben. What a lunker!



This pic of Garrett and I was the end of July, at Antelope Lake. We went camping for 3 days. The boys went fishing and of course we all went to the lake for a swim.





And then....well let's just say I went on strike. You should see the pics I didn't post! The house was a mess!!!! But fortunatly, everyone pitched in to clean.



I am looking forward to a great school year! I hope I don't have to work. I am looking forward to getting lots of stuff done around the house while everyone is gone, but we'll see how that goes. Also an update on Bella's ear piercing: Garrett was slightly upset, but only because he wanted to be there when she got it done. He's over it now, and I think he's looking forward to to the kids starting school as well. We'll have a lot more time alone together than we've had in over seven years! Yay for us!






No comments:

Post a Comment